[Qgis-developer] Proportionnal symbol

Cerbelaud Fabien fabien.cerbelaud at unilim.fr
Thu Jul 2 01:01:09 PDT 2015

Hi, I use this list because I post a report on QGIS 2.10 and Giovanni
Manghi tell me to send you e-mail with the problem :

I try the nighlty version of QGIS 2.9.25 and I have a problem with the
size method in graduate symbol. The size method should be in categorized
symbol and unique symbol but not in graduated. This is the first problem
because we can't give a size to class in graphic semiology, each
different value should have a different size.
The other problem is the mathematic calcul for the size, actually it's
false, the right calcul is radius = square root(quantity/pi) we can
after that multiply or split by a value all the radius value. To solve
the problem of really small circle we could choose a minimum size for
value under a custom limit. For the big circle we can choose a max value
for the radius and find the most appropriated ratio between the max
value we want and the radius initially calculate. I hope you could
understant what I'm trying to say.
This is very important because the proportionnal symbol are really
essential for cartographer and legend associated too.

Have a good day

Fabien Cerbelaud
--
Signature Unilim