[Qgis-developer] Conflits between owsLib packages in OSGeo4w and QGIS

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 05:17:21 PDT 2015

Hi: thanks for the info.  I believe this has been discussed in the
past w.r.t. dependency management of Python plugins in QGIS, but there
is no definitive approach yet.  For OWSLib we currently have this
tracked via http://hub.qgis.org/issues/13058.

The OSGeo4W OWSLib is not maintained / up to date AFAIK.

Currently in master we can OWSLib and it's dependencies in
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/tree/master/python/ext-libs, which is not
ideal IMHO.

Not sure how to proceed here.  The best thing would be to remove all
OWSLib dependencies from the codebase and install during time of
building QGIS (pip/easy_install?), no matter what the platform, but
I'm not aware of the entire picture/build/package/release story.

Any suggestions on how best to handle this would be appreciated.

..Tom