[Qgis-developer] QGIS 2.8.2 error on building in Visual Studio 2008

Azghar Azghar.Hussain at rmsi.com
Wed Jul 29 05:55:42 PDT 2015

Dear All,

I have build QGIS 2.8.2 in Visual Studio 2008. But I am getting following
error.

*Couldn't load PyQGIS.
Python support will be disabled.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "", line 1, in
  File "D:/QGIS/build/output/python\qgis\__init__.py", line 36, in
    from qgis.core import QgsFeature, QgsGeometry
  File "D:/QGIS/build/output/python\qgis\core\__init__.py", line 3, in
    from qgis._core import *
ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (init_core)*

I am not able to understand why I am getting this error. Is this error in
the source code or did I miss anything in CMAKE-GUI window.

Can any one of you please help.

Thanks,
Azghar