[Qgis-developer] Failing tests

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Tue Jun 2 09:40:57 PDT 2015

Hi Jürgen

On 06/02/2015 05:06 PM, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:

> Huh?  I didn't say breaks shouldn't be fixed.  I said just the opposite.  But I
> said the fix should not not generally be a simple revert.

Does that more translate to:

 * If the test fails for an unrelated reason: fix the test or disable it
 * If the test fails for a good reason and it's a simple fix: fix the
code instead of reverting
 * If none of the above applies: revert the commit

All that should be done in a reasonable time.

We should still be able to decide based on particular situations and not
just blindly stick to these rules.
But some kind of reaction would be good because in the current situation
it somebody else needed to step in to fix the code and documentation.
And I think that this should be the original committers responsibility.

Matthias