[Qgis-developer] QWC wsgi search

Marc B beiling at gbd-consult.de
Mon Jun 15 08:46:35 PDT 2015

Hello List,

I am trying to connect the WSGI-Search to my PostGIS-Database.
Unfortunately I am reatively new to python and I dont really understand
which changes in the search.wsgi/qwc_connect.py I have to make.

I've created a DB-table like the one from the github instructions.
I've changed the DB_CONN_STRING in qwc_connect.py.

Some of my Questions are

1. Is there a way to easily test my DB-Connection in qwc_connect?

2. The generated URL with parameters is not how ist supposed to be:
   https://my-page.de/wsgi/search.wsgi?query=&searchtables=&query=wo&cb=stcCallback1001

   - Why are there 2 'query'-params, an empty and a correct one?
   - the searchtables-parameter has no value, whether I put in a
     tablename in the search.wsgi or not ( searchtables =
     ['searchtable']; # enter your default searchtable(s) here ). Where
     does this parameter come from? What am i doing wrong?

If I paste the url in the url bar of chrome it says "error: no search
table". When I put a searchtable-value in the url i get a blank page.
It never says 'error: could not execute query'. So I guess, it doesnt
even get that far.

Thank you
Marc