[Qgis-developer] QWC wsgi search

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Jun 15 11:33:28 PDT 2015

Hi Marc,

Here is a wsgi search query from our server:

http://webgis.uster.ch/wsgi/search.wsgi?searchtables=&query=Werriker&cb=stcCallback1005

Note that there are builtin searchtables that are always used (things
like addresses, parcel numbers, building assurance numbers, geographic
names, etc.) - you can add additional searchtables e.g. for waste-water
pipes, etc.

The double query parameter is a mistake and stems from the fact that it
is by mistake also specified in GlobalOptions.js - look for a line with

Konsole output
varsearchBoxQueryURL = "/wsgi/search.wsgi?";

and remove the extra query parameter. But it is not a big deal, the
second parameter just replaces the empty one.

Other than that you must check the database permissions and if the login
parameters are correct.

In the file "search.js" you have to add the default searchtables array,
if you did not specify one in the URL - something like:

Konsole output
  searchtables =
['surveydata.searchtable_addresses','gisdata.searchtable_geographicnames'];

So please double check that your searchtables can be accessed with the
permissions of the web server user, if the login data is correct and if
the searchtables are specified and contain a valid structure.

Hope this helps,
Andreas