[Qgis-developer] Project carrying over from one project to the next?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sat Jun 20 01:04:44 PDT 2015

Il 20/06/2015 07:57, Richard Duivenvoorde ha scritto:

> Did some testing, and partly confirmed here, but hard to reproduce.
>
> Sometimes the project crs is taken over (switching between a 28992 and
> 4326 project) and sometimes it stays 28992 then, and sometimes it
> follows the right crs...
> I also tested it without data (so 'emtpy' project but selecting 4326 for
> one and 28992 for the second), but then it seems to go ok...
>
> created an issue for it: http://hub.qgis.org/issues/13011

Thanks Richard for confirming. I added a note to the ticket.
I can do more testing in about 10 days from now, but I'm afraid it will
be too late for 2.10.
IMHO it's a nasty bug, because if the following project is on a zone
which is invalid for the previous CRS (outside its bounding box), the
layers will be visualized wildly, or possibly not shown at all.
For a newbie, this can be really scary, and he may not have a clue on
how to solve it.
The solution might be simply to clear up the current projection before
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu