[Qgis-developer] Potentially serious performance regression in new geometry - should 2.10 be delayed?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 22:22:25 PDT 2015

On 23 June 2015 at 13:42, Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com> wrote:

> One heretic idea at the end - what others think about postponing the
> release of the new geometry architecture to 2.12 so that there is more
> time to address the current issues (fix performance, fix high memory
> consumption, clean up API, write unit tests). It seems to me that some
> of the issues would be difficult to address even if the release of
> 2.10 is moved by another week or so.

I'd be a cautious +1 to this - but I'm also concerned about the impact
of reverting this work now. Scary stuff, but like you said, I'm not
confident we can get the new geometry work into a release-ready shape
in 3 days... (Also, who is expected to do this? AFAIK all the
sponsored bug fixing has been exhausted for 2.10).

Nyall