[Qgis-developer] DXF/DWG import requirements document

Siki Zoltan siki at agt.bme.hu
Tue Jun 23 10:26:46 PDT 2015

Dear Andreas,

beside "Import of layer names as attributes" I would prefer
1. setting layer filter in the import dialog (e.g. as a regexp or a
    selection list from the available CAD layers), unselected layers are
    skipped in input.
    It is not clear for me if the layer name rules can be used for this
    purpose.
2. import each CAD layer into separate QGIS layers by feature type (point,
    annotation, polyline, polygon), it could be a checkbox in the import
    dialog.

Optionally during the import polygon layers sould be cheched for islands
(polygons inside other polygon) and remove the area of islands from the
container polygon.

Regards,
Zoltan