[Qgis-developer] Enable snapping on intersections

Hugo Mercier hugo.mercier at oslandia.com
Mon Jun 29 02:50:03 PDT 2015

On 31/01/2014 17:23, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 31/01/2014 15:46, Jakob Lanstorp ha scritto:
>> Snap to intersection makes you snap to just that intersection point. Did a
>> test with two polygon layers and a point layer. Adding a point to the point
>> layer, while within the snap tolerance, made the point appear right on the
>> intersection between the two polygon layers. Removing the 'Enable snapping
>> on intersection' made the point not snap to the intersection.
>
>> I have set snapping settings to both polygon layers, prehaps you missed that
>> in the snap options.
>
> Hi Jakob,
> I tried as you described, in various combinations, but could not see a difference
> between activating and deactivating the option.
> All the best, and thanks.

Hi,

Exhuming this old thread: like Paolo, I can't make work the "Enable
snapping on intersection". I guess this is supposed to allow snapping on
intersection of different geometries even when no vertex is present.

Looking at the code, it seems the only place where it may be used is
within QgsMapCanvasSnapper::snapToBackgroundLayers()
And this code seems never called by anything in the core ...
I then suppose it has been removed from the core and kept here for
plugins that might use it ??