[Qgis-developer] Enable snapping on intersections

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 04:15:12 PDT 2015

Hi Hugo

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 5:50 PM, Hugo Mercier <hugo.mercier at oslandia.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Exhuming this old thread: like Paolo, I can't make work the "Enable
> snapping on intersection". I guess this is supposed to allow snapping on
> intersection of different geometries even when no vertex is present.

Hmm... it works for me. Indeed it is meant to snap to intersections
within a layer and also between different layers. There was a
regression in that functionality in 2.10 cycle, but got fixed before
the release. Works both for line and polygon layers.

> Looking at the code, it seems the only place where it may be used is
> within QgsMapCanvasSnapper::snapToBackgroundLayers()
> And this code seems never called by anything in the core ...
> I then suppose it has been removed from the core and kept here for
> plugins that might use it ??

It is also supported in the new API (QgsSnappingUtils).

Cheers
Martin