[Qgis-developer] QGIS Custom Featur Form without Borders

JoshS josh-talk at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 3 07:46:12 PST 2015

Hello

I am working on a Plugin that still runs on QGIS 2.2 and now I am trying to
port it to QGIS 2.8. The Plugin has a touch optimized style and I remove
Dialog Borders of Custom Feature Forms. Currently I am using the following
Code to achieve that:

from PyQt4.QtCore import *
from PyQt4.QtGui import *
from PyQt4.Qt import Qt

def formOpen(dialog, layer, feature):
    return MyDialog(dialog, layer, feature)

class MyDialog(QDialog):
    def __init__(self, dialog, layer, feature):
        QDialog.__init__(self)
        dialog.setWindowFlags(Qt.Dialog | Qt.FramelessWindowHint)

In QGIS 2.8 however this doesn't work anymore. This QDialog seems to get
embedded in another Window. Is there any possibility to set those Windows
Flags on the outer Window? Or is it possible to open a MyDialog Window in
Python myself when a Feature is clicked on the map?

Thank you very much.

Josh