[Qgis-developer] LTR

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 17:14:21 PST 2015

On 3 March 2015 at 00:00, Jürgen E. <jef at norbit.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I started to including the LTR release in the packaging/nightly builds.  I'm
> going to change the plan/procedure a bit.   Both regular release and ltr will
> be branched of master and continue to be called release-$major_$minor.  The LTR
> additionally gets a ltr-$major_$minor tag.  release.pl is already changed that
> way any release-2_8 has such a tag.
>
> A cronjob will monitor release branches for changes and intiate a new point
> release whenever there are two week silence after a new commit (or manually
> when there was a very important fix).

Doesn't this approach mean that potentially there's never an automated
build (eg, if we get a commit to the LTR branch every < 14 days)?
Would a better approach be to also have a maximum time between
releases, eg after 2 weeks if no activity or after 3/4 weeks since
last LTR release (only if there's been changes, obviously)?

Nyall