[Qgis-developer] 2.8.2?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Mar 10 03:53:28 PDT 2015

Hi all.

Il 10/03/2015 11:46, Sandro Santilli ha scritto:

> Communicated policy was that any new patch-level release is cut
> (automatically, I've understood) after 2 weeks of silence in the
> stable branch:
>
> REF:
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2015-March/037043.html
>
> Latest change was today:
> https://github.com/qgis/qgis/commits/release-2_8

IMHO it is quite likely that in the first weeks there will be continuous
activity fixing the newly discovered bugs. The 2 weeks delay is fine on
the long term, but in the first period I would suggest a release based
on important fixes.

> BTW, looking at the lits of commits in the 2.8 branch, there's one
> that sounds suspicious: "TauDEM provider overhaul" [1]; does that
> really belong in a stable branch ?

The provider was essentially broken, this has 0 chance of impacting
other stuff, so for me it's OK.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu