[Qgis-developer] 2.8.2?

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Mar 10 10:01:52 PDT 2015

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 11:53:28AM +0100, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Il 10/03/2015 11:46, Sandro Santilli ha scritto:
>
> > Communicated policy was that any new patch-level release is cut
> > (automatically, I've understood) after 2 weeks of silence in the
> > stable branch:
> >
> > REF:
> > http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2015-March/037043.html
> >
> > Latest change was today:
> > https://github.com/qgis/qgis/commits/release-2_8
>
> IMHO it is quite likely that in the first weeks there will be continuous
> activity fixing the newly discovered bugs. The 2 weeks delay is fine on
> the long term, but in the first period I would suggest a release based
> on important fixes.

Is there an updated human-readable list of bugs fixed in the branch ?
It would be helpful to have such list always updated for each commit
so we can look at it quickly and judge the if any item warrants an
urgent release. A GET-encoded query to the bug tracker could also do,
if that's supported by HUB.

PS: commits are still coming in the stable branch, latest one 5 hours ago.

--strk;