[Qgis-developer] problem with 'toreal' in field calculator

Junior Delaz delazj at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 10:25:32 PDT 2015

hi,

If your field is recognized by QGIS as a string one, trying to overwrite
its values type will fail as they are intended to be string in THIS field.
This is why when you create a new numeric field and make conversion, it's
ok (this new field expect numeric values, so it'll recognize your
conversion).