[Qgis-developer] Snapping options: avoid intersections missing?

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 07:30:52 PDT 2015

Hi Paolo

On Sat, Mar 7, 2015 at 2:08 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>
wrote:

> In the new simplified dialo for snapping options, the Avoid
> intersections checkbox is hidden, and can be selected only when using
> the Advanced interface. This is a frequently used option, so it is often
> necessary to use the Advanced interface.
> Wouldn't it be better to add it besides the Topologica option?

It would be possible to add it, however it seems to me that such option
does not really belong to snapping options, because this option is only
used by few of the digitizing tools. (The same actually applies for
"topological editing" option that also just modifies behavior of some
digitizing tools.)

Maybe it would be better to find a better place for configuration of
editing tools? Maybe more "modes" will be added later. And it would be
useful to have some extra help with such options (especially to list which
tools actually support them).

Regards
Martin