[Qgis-developer] wrong distance after feature buffer selection in meters, please help

Julia Philipps philipj0 at smail.uni-koeln.de
Fri Mar 13 14:50:20 PDT 2015

Hello,

I am trying to develop a plugin for QGIS with C++, but my skills are
that of a beginner.
So far I have managed to let the user select a point and make a buffer
around this point, depending what value (in meters) the user chose, to
select other points within this radius. Now I realised, the distance
is false. With the measure tool I measured the distance between the
points, but there are some points missing that should lie in this
radius.
My guess is that I messed up the Crs? I am confused. Could someone help me?
The projects map units are meters. On the fly projection is enabled.
The layer on which the plugin operates has the WGS 48 crs.

Sincerely,

Julia P.