[Qgis-developer] 2.8.2?

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon Mar 23 02:31:54 PDT 2015

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 10:24:19AM +0100, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 03/23/2015 10:01 AM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> >
> > I suggest creating a new 2.8.3 target in hub then, and start moving issues
> > there (those that are not regressions introduced by 2.8.1, if any).
> >
> > Then, by *requiring* that any commit in 2.8 *must* reference a ticket
> > in hub, release management can happen from there (hub), allowing for
> > a per-ticket discussion (if needed).
>
> What's the benefit compared to inspecting the git log with optional
> references to tickets where available?
> Discussions may as well be attached to a commit or pull request.

Discussion in commit/PR are both under full control by github,
HUB is in the hands of QGIS developers. Ticketting system allows
to attach a milestone to the issue, postponing if agreed. It also
allows to query for "all issues fixed in version X" which is easier
to answer than associating a (usually higher) number of commits to
the corresponding issue.

--strk;