[Qgis-developer] Problem with the MySQL/GDAL implementation in QGIS

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu May 7 06:09:16 PDT 2015

A few precisions:

> My current conclusions are:
> 1) the problem is likely in the implementation of MySQL/GDAL driver
> since QGIS 2.0

This should rather read : "The problem is likely the implementation of OGR
datasource management in QGIS since QGIS XXXX"

> 2) The last version that worked fine was QGIS 1.8.
> 3) The connection string to mysql in GDAL can be limited to any
> particular table. If this is implemented in QGIS, it would be a great
> improvement for the performance.

That would be at best a workaround. The real problem is the many
opening&closing of OGR datasources which can be rather costly depending on the
particular OGR driver

http://www.spatialys.com