[Qgis-developer] Processing and ftools (Proposal for hackfest)

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu May 7 10:30:47 PDT 2015

Il 07/05/2015 13:24, Victor Olaya ha scritto:

>>> Right. What I miss is the echo of the gdal command line. Throwing it
>>> away would be a pity IMHO.
>>> All the best.
>
> Done. All GDAL and OGR algorithms have now a custom parameters dialog
> which shows the console call in a text box as you modify parameter
> values
>
> Please take a look at it (it is master now) and let me know if you
> have more ideas

Looks nice, thanks. Main issue: text cannot be selected and copied.
Cosmetic issue: the box covers a good part of the dialog here.
Moreover, in GDALTools one can edit the call by hand, adding and editing
current parameters (not a crucial function, but I think it is useful).
I think the same approach should be extended to other backends where
appropriate (grass, saga, ...).
Thanks a lot! Now the main issue seems to be the icons (if you have a
look to Lecos subplugin of Processing, it is quite obvious they really
make it easier to approach the commands.
All the best, and again many thanks.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu