[Qgis-developer] Processing and ftools (Proposal for hackfest)

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu May 7 21:23:45 PDT 2015

MOre cosmetics: the command would better be displayed in a text box,
perhaps collapsed, within the dialog, rather than over it.
Moreover, the help is missing (better use the upstream, as we do for
grass), and this should be fixed before removing GDALTools.
Overall, we are pretty close, nice to get rid of even more redundancy!
Thanks.

Il 07/05/2015 13:24, Victor Olaya ha scritto:

>>> Right. What I miss is the echo of the gdal command line. Throwing it
>>> away would be a pity IMHO.
>>> All the best.
>
> Done. All GDAL and OGR algorithms have now a custom parameters dialog
> which shows the console call in a text box as you modify parameter
> values
>
> Please take a look at it (it is master now) and let me know if you
> have more ideas

Looks nice, thanks. Main issue: text cannot be selected and copied.
Cosmetic issue: the box covers a good part of the dialog here.
Moreover, in GDALTools one can edit the call by hand, adding and editing
current parameters (not a crucial function, but I think it is useful).
I think the same approach should be extended to other backends where
appropriate (grass, saga, ...).
Thanks a lot! Now the main issue seems to be the icons (if you have a
look to Lecos subplugin of Processing, it is quite obvious they really
make it easier to approach the commands.
All the best, and again many thanks.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu