[Qgis-developer] Open hub tickets target versions

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri May 8 10:48:28 PDT 2015

On Fri, May 08, 2015 at 06:12:23PM +0200, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> On Fri, 08. May 2015 at 17:37:06 +0200, Sandro Santilli wrote:

> > Once 2.8.2 is out, should all those tickets be retargetted to 2.8.3 ?
> > This didn't happen when 2.8.1 was released as there are still 19 open
> > issues with TargetVersion=2.8.2 (including blockrs and crashers).
>
> > Jurgen was suggesting on IRC that pushing tickets forward on release
> > could be a waste of time and suggested only assigning a fixed target
> > version once the fix lands into the corresponding branch, using looser
> > targets for still-to-be-closed tickets (ie: 2.8 for the stable branch).
>
> The "future version" target versions were introduced to avoid fake activity on
> tickets, that are just moved from one version where they weren't fixed to the
> next version where the probably won't be fixed either.
>
> One should only assign a "real" target version, if the bug is going to be fixed
> in that version - or maybe even better when it is actually fixed in that
> version.

So are you suggesting that only the "assigner" should set target ?
Only 1 issue over 19 targetted at 2.8.1 and still open have an assigner.

Whatever policy we end up defining, would there be a way for the software
to enforce it ? For example, a random ticket I looked at had TargetVersion
equal to AffectedVersion, which makes no sense (#12682)

--strk;