[Qgis-developer] Problem with the MySQL/GDAL implementation in QGIS

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon May 11 00:52:41 PDT 2015

Hi Matthias,

On Mon, 11. May 2015 at 09:41:39 +0200, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> > The principal problem pointed out by Even however remains - the
> > repeated opening and closing of the OGR datasource for every record in
> > the table. I will try to figure out which nightly build between 1.8
> > and 2.0 release caused this change in behaviour. Since I cannot figure
> > it out in the code and need to try manually, this can take some time.
> > Unless someone else on the list can figure it out from the master code ...

> It was most likely that one: 0b9d1dc49b3277a842d0a18a2f1ba99782965999

Not really.  That just causes it to be reopened for each layer in every
rendering job.   It doesn't explain why that should happen for each record,
does it?

Are there joins or relations in the project?

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode