[Qgis-developer] [Linux Mint] QGIS 2.8.1. stop work when upgrading to GDAL 11.1.2

peter_toth toth.psk at gmail.com
Mon May 11 03:45:15 PDT 2015

Hi João,

this happened to me, too. I also was frustrated that the upgraded gdal
broke QGIS 2.8.1. I was not able to install it in any way, because of the
broken dependency. Only yesterday was released a new version 2.8.2 of QGIS
and it is installable gain.

Try to purge QGIS and other packages:

sudo apt-get remove --purge [write package name here, without brackets, of
course :) ]

Then download the latest QGIS 2.8.2 from
http://qgis.org/ubuntugis/pool/main/q/qgis/ and install package by package
(choose the packages according to your distribution [precise/trusty] and
architecture [amd64/i386] of your computer).

or

Maybe the qgis is already updated in the repositories. So first try

sudo apt-get install qgis python-qgis qgis-plugin-grass

Hope this helps. Best wishes,

Peter