[Qgis-developer] How to configure Qgis-web-client to run as qwc.my_domain.com/<etc> ?

Ahmed Dassouki dassouki at gmail.com
Mon May 18 19:16:14 PDT 2015

Hi folks,

   - I am having trouble configuring QWC to work as qwc.my_domain.com
   - I have qgis-server up and running as I can add it as a wms layer into
   my QGIS desktop with no problems
   - I'm running ubuntu 12.04 server with apache 2.2
   - I've ran the QGIS-web-client/install.sh
   - I can see the qgis-web-client.conf in my /etc/apache2-sites-enabled/
   - I've edited my /etc/hosts file to have 127.0.0.1
   qgis-web-client.localhost
   - my apache2 recognizes that localhost is its name
   - I would like to change the settings so that I have qwc.my_domain.com/
   <etc>
   - I attempted to change my qgis-web-client.conf ServerName and
   ServerAlias to point to qwc.my_domain.com
   - I changed /etc/hosts to 127.0.0.1 qwc.my_domain.com
   - whenever I try that link, I get "the server at qwc.my_domain.com can't
   be found, because the DNS lookup failed.
   - No errors are returned on /var/log/apache2/access.log, error.log or
   any of the two qgis-web logs concerning this issue
   - even in default configuration, i don't think QWC is working as I tried
   http://qgis-web-client.my_ip/<bla>

Thanks

--
Ahmed Dassouki