[Qgis-developer] Failing tests consider blockers

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Mon May 25 02:20:04 PDT 2015

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 9:54 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>
wrote:

> Il 25/05/2015 09:41, Filipe Dias ha scritto:
>
> > About regressions, I agree with the current guidelines. From the user's
> > perspective, regressions are extremely annoying. It is very frustrating
> > to be used to a tool that suddenly stops working in a new version.
> > Depeding on the severity of the regression, it can even discourage the
> > adoption of a new version.
>
> Of course, every bug is annoying, and discourage users. In an ideal
> world we should fix them all before releasing, but we must realize that
> we simply do not have the resources to do it, so we must find a
> reasonable compromise.

Imho we should strive to give our users a fair warning about all
regressions we are aware of. They should be listed* as prominently as the
new features in the visual change log*. To be able to do this, we need to
ensure that all regressions are marked accordingly in the bug tracker.

Best wishes,
Anita