[Qgis-developer] Failing tests consider blockers

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon May 25 00:54:22 PDT 2015

Il 25/05/2015 09:41, Filipe Dias ha scritto:

> About regressions, I agree with the current guidelines. From the user's
> perspective, regressions are extremely annoying. It is very frustrating
> to be used to a tool that suddenly stops working in a new version.
> Depeding on the severity of the regression, it can even discourage the
> adoption of a new version.

Of course, every bug is annoying, and discourage users. In an ideal
world we should fix them all before releasing, but we must realize that
we simply do not have the resources to do it, so we must find a
reasonable compromise.
IMHO if regressions affect only a minority of users, or there is a
reasonable workarou8nd, they should be mentioned in the release notes,
but should not block a release.
I think that shipping a new release with bugs we define as blockers is
not good.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu