[Qgis-developer] [GRASS-dev] QGIS GRASS Plugin Upgrade Crowdfunding

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Wed May 20 01:00:21 PDT 2015

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 8:42 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Il 19/05/2015 17:57, Radim Blazek ha scritto:
>
>> Yes. When a source is dragged to a GRASS mapset in the browser, the
>> target mapset is known. When modules are run in the toolbox, we must
>> get somehow info about location/mapset the module should be run
>> within. That is why a mapset must be open. Any idea how to do it
>> better?
>
> Would it be feasible to load automatically the mapset of the first layer
> loaded? Of course, only layers from the same location would be available
> for analyses.

Feasible yes, not sure if it is really desired. Generally, I don't
like if an action does more than it is expected.
What about "Open mapset" action on mapset item in the browser?

>> I would like to remove them, but I am not sure if there is general
>> consensus on it. We have still "add layer" tool buttons for all other
>> providers.
>
> IMHO we should get rid of them ASAP. Currently we cannot do it, because
> we still have additional features not present in the browser, but the
> sooner the better.
> In case of GRASS, I do not see any advantage of having them there,
> except if someone has the Browser closed (something we should discourage
> nowadays.

OK, I'll remove them.

>> It seems like if GISBASE was not pointing to the correct GRASS package
>> dir. Try to set GISBASE envar a path to the GRASS package before
>> starting  QGIS. Most probably the GISBASE is set to  /usr/lib/grass64/
>> but that dir does not contain the whole GRASS, just libs? It seem like
>> a packaging problem.
> Strange however, it worked fine without tweaking the install.

It could be introduced by dual build:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/7d4eb8b
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/c0090d8

Or maybe you have gisbase in ~/.config/QGIS/QGIS2.conf ?

Radim