[Qgis-developer] [GRASS-dev] QGIS GRASS Plugin Upgrade Crowdfunding

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue May 19 23:42:32 PDT 2015

Il 19/05/2015 17:57, Radim Blazek ha scritto:

> Yes. When a source is dragged to a GRASS mapset in the browser, the
> target mapset is known. When modules are run in the toolbox, we must
> get somehow info about location/mapset the module should be run
> within. That is why a mapset must be open. Any idea how to do it
> better?

Would it be feasible to load automatically the mapset of the first layer
loaded? Of course, only layers from the same location would be available
for analyses.

> I would like to remove them, but I am not sure if there is general
> consensus on it. We have still "add layer" tool buttons for all other
> providers.

IMHO we should get rid of them ASAP. Currently we cannot do it, because
we still have additional features not present in the browser, but the
sooner the better.
In case of GRASS, I do not see any advantage of having them there,
except if someone has the Browser closed (something we should discourage
nowadays.

> It seems like if GISBASE was not pointing to the correct GRASS package
> dir. Try to set GISBASE envar a path to the GRASS package before
> starting  QGIS. Most probably the GISBASE is set to  /usr/lib/grass64/
> but that dir does not contain the whole GRASS, just libs? It seem like
> a packaging problem.

Strange however, it worked fine without tweaking the install.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu