[Qgis-developer] ftools to processing : geometry validity checker

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed May 20 23:28:06 PDT 2015

Il 21/05/2015 08:22, Arnaud Morvan ha scritto:
> Today at the hackfest.
>
> I will port the ftool geometry validity checker to processing,
> with small implementation differences:
>     I will add method selector [QGIS|GEOS] as a parameter
>     I will make two outputs:
>         one for the valid ones
>         one for the invalid ones with one supplementary field for the
> reason/comment of the invalid state

Merci Arnaud,
I'm available for early testing, just let me know when ready for it.
All the best, and thanks for this useful addition. As discussed, I think
it would be good to add it together with Make Valid from
http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/processinglwgeomprovider/
so users will be able to check the validity and fix it in the most
possible straightforward manner. This would require only the automatic
path configuration for lwgeom, and its addition to the standalone
installer. The code itself is quite solid and tested.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu