[Qgis-developer] Crash in new GRASS plugin?

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Thu May 21 01:53:22 PDT 2015

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 10:27 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
>> AFAICT, it can only happen if you have GISRC set, but the file does
>> not exist or it is corrupted. Try to unset GISRC envar and it should
>> run.
>
> I think this is due to Processing, that sets temp grass variables.

I see:
algs/grass/GrassUtils.py 250: os.putenv('GISRC', gisrc)

I think that Processing should not set GISRC globally, it should
rather start modules with that envar. QGIS may be started from GRASS
shell, in that case the plugin is using GISRC to setup active mapset
so it must not be changed. The plugin is also setting GISRC globally
when a mapset is opened, but that is correct, because it also locks
the mapset and in that case it works like a GRASS shell.

Victor, could you please remove
  os.putenv('GISRC', gisrc)
  os.putenv('GRASS_MESSAGE_FORMAT', 'gui')
  os.putenv('GRASS_BATCH_JOB'...
is not it enough to set them in createGrassScript()?

Radim