[Qgis-developer] Problem with the MySQL/GDAL implementation in QGIS

Pavol Hnila pavol.hnila at fu-berlin.de
Thu May 21 03:37:49 PDT 2015

Hi,

After having tested builds based on particular commits of QGIS source
code I can confirm that Matthias is right. It must be the commit below
(or something related to it implemented on the same day) that
instructs OGR to open and close the dataset for every record and thus
causes substantial delays.

The build of 0b9d1dc (from 21st June 2013) results in a QGIS crash
with segfault. Yet the preceding commit for qgsogrprovider.cpp
(9bbc647 from 20th June 2013) still works perfectly, while the
successive commit (6876540 from 21st June 2013) has already the
described OGR excessive reopenings problem.

Is there a chance that someone corrects this particular code for the
next release?

Best wishes,
Pavol

P.S.: According to what I know the problem is reproducible with any
MySQL or PostGIS table connected via OGR. Should someone need a MySQL
testing environment for this purpose, contact me please off-list.