[Qgis-developer] Problem with the MySQL/GDAL implementation in QGIS

Pavol Hnila pavol.hnila at fu-berlin.de
Tue May 26 03:51:02 PDT 2015

Hi Jürgen,

I could not find the 7a629ad commit. Yet I have tried the current
master and I admit that after your previous commit 536135a it actually
works fine for most purposes.

The reopenings of every record of the dataset seems a minor issue for
the performance, since it only occurs when working with the Attribute
table. The performance is thus somewhat slower than it was by QGIS 1.8
but it is still OK to work with. Zooming and paning does not lead to
the reopenings of every record of every table (it only leads to each
table being opened and closed separately). Tables that were not
selected from the dataset are rightfully ignored now (thanks to your
commit).

I will rerun the tests on other platforms (I have tried only Windows),
yet I suppose that they will be identical and that we can live with this.

Many thanks,
Pavol