[Qgis-developer] QGIS as WPS server?

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Fri May 29 00:28:40 PDT 2015

Hi Larry,

Maybe the WPS-GRASS-bridge:
https://code.google.com/p/wps-grass-bridge/wiki/PyWPS_Integration
could give some inspiration!?

Cheers
Stefan

From: qgis-developer-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [mailto:qgis-developer-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Larry Shaffer
Sent: 29. mai 2015 05:18
To: René-Luc Dhont
Cc: QGIS Developer List
Subject: Re: [Qgis-developer] QGIS as WPS server?

Hi,
I also am involved with some work that can benefit from WPS integration of Processing, and found René-Luc's new plugin while searching today.

What would help further in my situation is to be able to export the Processing model into a format that can be loaded as a backend process in another WPS setup, e.g. GeoServer with WPS, but configured via QGIS. René-Luc, any thoughts on that?

Is there a standardized definition for WPS that describing input/outputs that a Processing model can be exported into (assuming all dependencies would be the same on the remote server executing the process)? I looked in the spec and noticed the WPS Native Process Model [0]. Any experience with that?

[0] http://docs.opengeospatial.org/is/14-065/14-065.html#18
Regards,

Larry Shaffer
Dakota Cartography