[Qgis-developer] qgis-master: libpng warning & error, invisible icons

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Fri May 29 00:59:33 PDT 2015

Dear QGIS developers,

I am running the latest qgis-master, build from scratch under
Funtoo-Linux. I would like to have the stable version but I can't get it
built.  qgis-master compiles without errors so I am happy working with and
testing it.

Upon launching from the terminal, the following warning & error(s) appears
repeatedly:

    Running from build directory!
    - source directory: /osgeo/QGIS
    - output directory of the build: /osgeo/QGIS/build-master/output
    Warning: loading of qgis translation failed [/osgeo/QGIS/build-master/output/i18n/qgis_en_US]
    Warning: loading of qt translation failed [/usr/share/qt4/translations/qt_en_US]
    libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.6.17
    libpng warning: Application  is  running with png.c from libpng-1.2.50
    libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library

Perhaps there is some package using this older libpng version (?), otherwise, there
is no trace of this version installed.

GRASS64 support works too (plugin is present, toolbar and toolbox too). One
problem is the many icons are invisible (for the GRASS toolbar none of the
icons appears actually). In order to get the GRASS plugin working, I have the
following symbolic link

/osgeo/QGIS/grass/config/default.qgc ->
/osgeo/QGIS/src/plugins/grass/modules/default.qgc

and launch qgis from /osgeo/QGIS/build-master/output/bin/qgis

Running from /usr/local/bin/qgis (after make install), doesn't reveal
the GRASS plugin.

Thanks for any hints in getting this clean, Nikos