[Qgis-developer] A common set of functions for QGIS plugins

Vincent Picavet (ml) vincent.ml at oslandia.com
Tue Nov 3 07:12:59 PST 2015

Hello Victor,

A definite +1 on this.
Also maybe a parent QGISPlugin class all plugins would inherit from ?

As a side note on plugin, but important, Hugo intends at the hackfest to
propose and discuss having plugins be Python modules, so that we can use
PIP to deal with module and plugins dependencies.
This would solve this problem and let us use common Python tools, be it
on the plugin side, or the module management side, and ease packaging
also for the distributions.

Vincent