[Qgis-developer] Plugins discussion

Stéphane Brunner stephane.brunner at camptocamp.com
Sat Nov 7 09:48:26 PST 2015

Hello,

To get all the qgis plugin hosted on pypi we should be able to use a
keywords.

An to get the list of plugin that have some keywords:

from xmlrpclib import ServerProxy
pypi = ServerProxy("http://pypi.python.org/pypi", allow_none=True)
sp.search({"keywords": ["gdal", "dap"]})

returns:
[{'_pypi_ordering': False,
  'name': 'dap.plugins.gdal',
  'summary': 'GDAL plugin for pydap server',
  'version': '0.1.1'}]

CU
Stéphane

> A summary about our other discussion of the morning on Python plugin
> dependencies and the opportunity to now use pip rather than our custom
> system.
>
> For plugins with external dependencies, we can :
> - add fields in metadata.txt to declare the dependencies (a pip install
> string)
> - for Windows and Mac users, ask package managers to include pip in them.
>
> This way, we will have a simple way to gently warn the user a dependency
> is missing. And the missing dependencies will be easily installable from
> osgeo4w (or the mac equivalent).
>
> This is the very first step and solves an important issue.
>
> Alessandro is working on the metadata update. And two issues have been
> added for the installers:
> http://hub.qgis.org/issues/13775
> http://hub.qgis.org/issues/13777
>
> About using setuptools for Python plugins and/or the pypi infrastructure
> for our plugins, no decision yet.
>
> We did not talk about the common framework of python functions. But I
> think things are already going well on this side.

camptocamp.com
mapfish.org