[Qgis-developer] Inconsistencies between API documentation and code for groups?

Sat Nov 21 12:08:50 PST 2015

Hi,

If I go to http://qgis.org/api/2.12/classQgsBlendModeComboBox.html
I see that the class has been classified in
http://qgis.org/api/2.12/group__gui.html

If I go to http://qgis.org/api/2.12/classQgsMapLayerComboBox.html, the
class does not have any group whereas I would expect this class to be in
the same gui group.

Why? Both are in the same src/gui directory and in Python QGIS API, doing
the following

print [c for c in dir(qgis.gui) if 'QgsMapLayerComboBox' in c] # return the
QgsMapLayerComboBox class but it's Python not C++...

Any idea if it's normal? How can I help to improve this part if it's not
normal?

FYI, I didn't find an obvious keyword in *.h and *.c files for both classes
explaining why one is included in the doc and the other not. I also looked
at the doxy file template (
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/cmake_templates/Doxyfile.in
without success.

Cheers and regards