[Qgis-developer] Inconsistencies between API documentation and code for groups?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 17:22:20 PST 2015

http://qgis.org/api/2.12/group__gui.html

> If I go to http://qgis.org/api/2.12/classQgsMapLayerComboBox.html, the
class does not have any group whereas I would expect this class to be in
the same gui group.

> Why? Both are in the same src/gui directory and in Python QGIS API, doing
the following

The difference is that QgsBlendModeComboBox has the documentation group
set, but not QgsMapLayerComboBox. See:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/gui/qgsblendmodecombobox.h#L25

Vs

QGIS/blob/master/src/gui/qgsmaplayercombobox.h#L26

This should be fixed in QgsMapLayerComboBox.h . I suspect there's lots of
missing groups... Perhaps I should also add this to the documentation unit
test to prevent it in future.

Nyall

> print [c for c in dir(qgis.gui) if 'QgsMapLayerComboBox' in c] # return
the QgsMapLayerComboBox class but it's Python not C++...

> Any idea if it's normal? How can I help to improve this part if it's not
normal?

> FYI, I didn't find an obvious keyword in *.h and *.c files for both
classes explaining why one is included in the doc and the other not. I also
looked at the doxy file template (
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/cmake_templates/Doxyfile.in
without success.