[Qgis-developer] [QA] CSV Test Flaky

Chris Crook ccrook at linz.govt.nz
Mon Nov 30 09:30:28 PST 2015

Hi All

Thanks for alert to this message Matthias.. you recall correctly that I am author of these tests.

There is one test which I might have expected to be flaky, which is the test for the file watcher (test 29) - and in retrospect I'm not sure of the value of that feature in any case.  In order to make that test work it needs to sleep for a bit and to call  QCoreApplication.instance().processEvents().  However from the log file it appears to have successfully passed that test.

After that the tests are all very routine I would have thought - the last test for which there is output, which is test31, is filtering using a spatial index.  On the face of it this sounds very straightforward code to me, and not likely to result in a timeout.  OTOH this code was built before multithreaded rendering so there is a possibility of some sort of thread insecurity I suppose ... if multithreading in used in the test at all.

In summary I don't have any immediate thoughts as to why it could be ... thoughts anyone?

Cheers
Chris