[Qgis-developer] new dependency on GEOS C++ library

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Oct 2 10:16:54 PDT 2015

So, for the record.
The current TRUNK branch of GEOS (to become 3.6.0) contains
a new function to change a Geometry's PrecisionModel in a way
that it'll stick to the Geometry and determine precision of
the operations.

It needs to be used with much care to avoid the stickiness
to strike back. The same function can be used to bring the
precision grid back to the grid of floating points.

I hope this is enough to drop the C++ dependency over the weekend :)

--strk;