[Qgis-developer] New GRASS plugin: a test drive

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 04:41:48 PDT 2015

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 8:12 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
>>> yes - I tried, but the newly added polygon etc is not displayed once
>>> digitized. Oh, now I see: the custom grass symbology prevents me from
>>> seeing it. Once moved to single symbol, it is displayed.
>>
>>> I confirm an issue: I load a layer, activate editing, the layer is no
>>> longer visible. When editing is deactivated, the layer remains invisible.
>>
>> There was a bug which I introduced on Friday, it was fixed in b09877b.
>> The style must be set (automatically) to GRASS Edit to get topological
>> symbology.
>
> I still see the issue on current Debian sid package, just upgraded.

Which revision? Please use current master if possible.

Please start with points and lines. When you digitize a point or line,
nothing is displayed in canvas? Do you see the elements if you switch
style to default? Do you see the features in attribute table? Are the
elements written to the map when you close editing?

 Note that QGIS can only display features of one type in a layer, if
you add point layer and digitize a line, it will no show in point
layer after editing is closed, a new layer with lines must be added to
canvas.

Radim