[Qgis-developer] qgis-master: libpng warning & error, invisible icons

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Wed Oct 7 05:34:26 PDT 2015

Apologies for BUMPing this question.  I still have a hard time to
understand what I am doing wrong.  Anyone experienced the "missing
icons" problem?

Thank you, Nikos

* Nikos Alexandris <nik at nikosalexandris.net> [2015-05-30 00:28:04 +0300]:

> * Nikos Alexandris <nik at nikosalexandris.net> [2015-05-29 10:59:33 +0300]:
>

> > Dear QGIS developers,
> >
> > I am running the latest qgis-master, build from scratch under
> > Funtoo-Linux. I would like to have the stable version but I can't get it
> > built.  qgis-master compiles without errors so I am happy working with and
> > testing it.
> >

> > Upon launching from the terminal, the following warning & error(s) appears
> > repeatedly:
> >
> >     Running from build directory!
> >     - source directory: /osgeo/QGIS
> >     - output directory of the build: /osgeo/QGIS/build-master/output
> >     Warning: loading of qgis translation failed [/osgeo/QGIS/build-master/output/i18n/qgis_en_US]
> >     Warning: loading of qt translation failed [/usr/share/qt4/translations/qt_en_US]
> >     libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.6.17
> >     libpng warning: Application  is  running with png.c from libpng-1.2.50
> >     libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
> >

> > Perhaps there is some package using this older libpng version (?), otherwise, there
> > is no trace of this version installed.
> >

> Inside the GDAL version I use, I have found the following README file:
>
> --%<---
> *** IMPORTANT ***
> Updating libpng in GDAL tree should follow update of zlib library in
> frmts/zlib.
> *****************
>
> libpng 1.2.50 is the official PNG reference library.
> It supports almost all PNG features, is extensible,
> and has been extensively tested for over 15 years.
>
> http://www.libpng.org
>

> GDAL changes (stored in libpng_gdal.patch)
> --->%--
>
> So, should I rather use the old libpng library for QGIS too?
>
> Thanks, Nikos

Nikos Alexandris | Remote Sensing Scientist, Dr
Themidos 3, 42100, Trikala, Greece
GPG Key Fingerprint 6F9D4506F3CA28380974D31A9053534B693C4FB3