[Qgis-developer] New GRASS plugin: a test drive

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 09:23:40 PDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 4:52 PM, m roy <royroge at outlook.com> wrote:
> Testing on windows
>>> GRASS LOCATION is "duplicated" displayed as a regular file system folder
>>> and as GRASS LOCATION with the GRASS icon
>> That is correct, the regular directory is left there so that is it
>> possible to go for example to dbf directory and load dbf files as
>> standard QGIS layers.
>
> IMHO: i find it's confusing, and GRASS 7 default database is SQLite,
> i think it could be smoother to expose only GRASS Locations and Mapset
> being evident that we're dealing with a GRASS Database, but i can live
> with that :-)

You are not the first who is confused. Fix would be easy, so I remove
regular dir if it is recognized as GRASS location?

>> Rasters are corrupted on Windows?
> yes on windows, sorry, i forgot to state that clearly;
> I mean the raster is *not really corrupted*, it just looks weird.

I have to debug on Windows. Does it happen with all data types (int,
float, double)?

>>> Vector digitizing: QGIS crash when deleting a line and the layer
>>> is not longer loadable in QGIS because of broken topology,
>> I am working on test unit for editing, which should ensure that
>> everything is working, because due to complexity of the code, I was
>> still introducing new bugs while fixing others.
>>
>> Thanks for testing.
>>
> I also managed to crash QGIS and 'corrupt' GRASS data working on the
> attribute table
> trying to delete the "topo_symbol" virtual(?) field; reopening the vector
> layer in GRASS the "topo_symbol" column was still there (i know i'm
> heavy-handed while testing!);

It is a virtual field keeping topology symbol, it is auto added when
editing starts and removed when editing is closed. That is the only
way to get symbology to renderer. User should never try to delete
that. The values are not editable in form, but there is currently no
possibility in QGIS to forbid deletion of individual columns (either
there is delete column capability or not).

Radim