[Qgis-developer] New GRASS plugin: a test drive

m roy royroge at outlook.com
Thu Oct 8 07:52:27 PDT 2015

Testing on windows
>> GRASS LOCATION is "duplicated" displayed as a regular file system folder
>> and as GRASS LOCATION with the GRASS icon
> That is correct, the regular directory is left there so that is it
> possible to go for example to dbf directory and load dbf files as
> standard QGIS layers.

IMHO: i find it's confusing, and GRASS 7 default database is SQLite,
i think it could be smoother to expose only GRASS Locations and Mapset
being evident that we're dealing with a GRASS Database, but i can live
with that :-)

> Rasters are corrupted on Windows?
yes on windows, sorry, i forgot to state that clearly;
I mean the raster is *not really corrupted*, it just looks weird.

>> Vector digitizing: QGIS crash when deleting a line and the layer
>> is not longer loadable in QGIS because of broken topology,
> I am working on test unit for editing, which should ensure that
> everything is working, because due to complexity of the code, I was
> still introducing new bugs while fixing others.
>
> Thanks for testing.
>
> Radim
I also managed to crash QGIS and 'corrupt' GRASS data working on the
attribute table
trying to delete the "topo_symbol" virtual(?) field; reopening the vector
layer in GRASS the "topo_symbol" column was still there (i know i'm
heavy-handed while testing!);

Thank you, Radim, for the great work.