[Qgis-developer] Default fill/outline color for svg symbols

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sat Oct 10 07:27:32 PDT 2015

Hi again,

> Argh, forgot one other related question:
>
> At the moment, changing the symbol resets the full and outline color
> to match the default fill/outline set in the SVG symbol. I'd like to
> change this behaviour so that whatever user-set fill/outline color is
> kept when changing the source svg symbol. Any objections?

you mean only during the session - not persistent?

If during the session, then +1 from me - persistent: -1 - so please
don't write anything back to the original SVG file - or keep this for a
new session. There is a reason why the symbol author can specify default
values in the SVG files - and that should be honored.

Apropos stroke/outline: let's not forget that in most cases, symbols
don't use strokes at all. I would say the default case is that symbols
don't have a stroke - it is more an exception if a symbol has a stroke.

Andreas