[Qgis-developer] Use PNG in symbols ?

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 01:39:26 PDT 2015

Hi all,

Perhaps I am not completely awake (this is the week-end), but I think a
very simple but usefull feature is missing in QGIS : we cannot use PNG
files to style vector layers.

We can use SVG with point marker, polygon fills, etc. and this is good
because SVG provides nice features such as customizable colors,
scalability, etc. But sometime, I just have a nice PNG icon I would like to
use for my point layers, and I cannot do it. (Or perhaps I have not been
awake for years :)  )

The only way at the moment is to use a SVG filled with a PNG image. This is
a bit cumbersome and not very user friendly.

Am I the only one a bit confused about it ? Or have I missed something ?

Cheers
Michaƫl