[Qgis-developer] Use PNG in symbols ?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 01:41:59 PDT 2015

On 11 Oct 2015 7:39 PM, "kimaidou" <kimaidou at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Perhaps I am not completely awake (this is the week-end), but I think a
very simple but usefull feature is missing in QGIS : we cannot use PNG
files to style vector layers.

> We can use SVG with point marker, polygon fills, etc. and this is good
because SVG provides nice features such as customizable colors,
scalability, etc. But sometime, I just have a nice PNG icon I would like to
use for my point layers, and I cannot do it. (Or perhaps I have not been
awake for years :)  )

> The only way at the moment is to use a SVG filled with a PNG image. This
is a bit cumbersome and not very user friendly.

> Am I the only one a bit confused about it ? Or have I missed something ?

You're not missing anything - it's just not implemented yet.

It's on my (long) to-do list ;)

Nyall