[Qgis-developer] New GRASS plugin: a test drive

m roy royroge at outlook.com
Mon Oct 12 03:18:12 PDT 2015

Il 12/10/2015 10.06, Radim Blazek ha scritto:
> The user must have some minimum knowledge about GRASS topological
> model. Note that 'Add Area' makes only sense for isolated areas,
> common boundaries of adjacent areas must be digitized by 'Add
> Boundary' because the boundary is shared by areas on both sides.
>
> Radim

I think that the QGIS "Add Area" should be renamed to "Add closed boundary"
(or something like that) because GRASS has the "Add Area" tool that in fact
allow you to add boundary and centroid in one go;

another issue I discovered while testing QGIS digitizer with GRASS vectors
is that there is no difference between node and vertex, in GRASS they have
two different "topological meaning"; as it is now you can't tell
where to connect with a new boundary because of this.

Thanks, Roy.